-
September 2nd, 2001, 09:58 PM
#1
Inactive Member
-
September 2nd, 2001, 10:20 PM
#2
Inactive Member
It's either the flasher relay or one of the bulb is dead..when my bulb burns out, the flasher blinks a lot faster.
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
September 3rd, 2001, 05:25 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Check the bulbs. Make sure they are the right kind. For my teg there are two different kinds. I had the exact same problem. The connectors(what ever you call em) for the current were the problem. with the wrong bulbs it was like have a hyper blinker in the turn signals.
Here goes a bad diagram.
This is the bottom of the bulb
(0) -- correct one for my car.
one source of current
(
-- not correct
two sources(+ and -) I guess
Is the problem only temporary? If so ignore my bad diagram.
*EDIT*
Damn, smileys ruining my diagram.
I forgot. Also, when I had the APC turn signals. The condensation got so bad that the bulb went pzzzzt. When this happened It had the same effect.
------------------
1994 Integra RS
Mods? nothing that really matters so far!! But I got a JRSC going on very soon!!
[This message has been edited by Type Rs (edited September 03, 2001).]
-
September 3rd, 2001, 05:07 PM
#4
Inactive Member
-
September 4th, 2001, 04:26 AM
#5
Inactive Member
the relay if im correct uses an expanding element contact . this is the same mechanics as in the flasher element for christmas lights . if it were failing it may act funny when cold , but normal when warmed up . check out everything from the other posts and you should figure it out .
------------------
-
September 4th, 2001, 12:08 PM
#6
-
September 4th, 2001, 03:14 PM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Marc,
Check the flasher relay... I suspect that this is where your problem lies. It may not be the relay itself but in fact one of the connections to this relay. Also check the main power interlock... you can check your Helm's manual for this procedure.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
September 5th, 2001, 01:23 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Heh. Yeah, actually its my mother's car. I was house sitting this past weekend and drove her Accord for a few errands and noticed the problem.
Thanks for all the advice.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks